Sunday, December 6, 2009

Who Am I?

I've had a thought going through my head lately and I thought I'd write about it and see if I can gain some knowledge. 

Who is Jesus?




As a Christian I have a view of who He is and what He was about while He was here on Earth.  But I've been thinking about what other people think/believe.

So when you want to find info nowadays you just Google it.  (I informed Rebecca of my online searches on Islam and Muslim beliefs so that if we get a call or a visit from Big Brother, or put on a terrorist list, she'll know why.)  I was wondering what other religions think and I came across this website's chart.  The website's chart has 13 religions listed and asked the following questions: 1) God/Man  2) Who Jesus was  3) Jesus' Purpose  4) Resurrection Happened

Now I have a long way to go to understand each religion's view of Jesus and their top principles, but I am interested in having a basic understanding of other religions.  Islam, Mormonism, & Jehovah's Witness are the big three that I am trying to educate myself on (Islam is the one I lack the most on.)

The reason for the interest is to have intelligent conversations with non-Christians about who Jesus is.  I actually look forward to talking to the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses who come by our neighborhood.

For me, there is only one place to find the truth about Jesus, which is the Bible.  John 14:6 says, "For I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  So I then go to look about what other religions say about Jesus.  Since I believe Jesus is the key to salvation, then I think He is a subject I should be well versed on.

In my opinion people should have radical view of Jesus.  Either He is who He says He is, or He was a crazy person.  Many people claim to be the Son of God, and all of them except Jesus are crazy people in my mind.

So as we get ready to celebrate His birth, I have Him on my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment