Sunday, April 18, 2010

So Sad


 As an educator I hope to influence my students' behavior, decision making skills, and help them to overcome difficult situations.  I try to instill a sense of pride and responsibility.  The year I was an assistant principal, I spent many hours working with students who were sent to my office due to their behavior.  There were many "regulars" who I saw frequently.  No matter what their issues were, I always tried to point out the best in them...even if I was interrupted with profanity.

But there is nothing that prepares you to see bad things happen involving former students.  This particular story has the former student allegedly involved in a brutal crime.  It's tough to see a 15-year-old girl possibly partake in a burglary, murder and conspiracy against an 81-year-old woman.  See the story here.


This is an awful story all the way around.  It's sad that the lady had to die in such a brutal way.  It's sad that Katila's life has led her to this situation.  I just pray for all involved, and hope that one day Katila (and the others) will learn from the past and make a better life for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment