Saturday, October 24, 2009

I've Gotta a Feelin

When will our society learn that "if it feels right, it can't be wrong" is complete bull. Feelings, desire, and urges can take people down a dangerous/destructive path. As humans we are constantly being pulled to do the wrong thing.

Now I'm not talking about that we are all headed towards being criminals and heathens, but people who don't keep a check on things can end up there.



Self gratification, me-me-me, looking out for #1 is what our society is all about. It's about the now.

LORD knows I am a flawed man. I struggle just like the rest of the world to always do the right thing.

Little things like floss my teeth, exercise, relax when I'm driving and not "encourage" people to drive AT LEAST the speed limit. Then there are big things that we only talk about with our inner circle.

We are capable of more, but for a laundry list of reasons we put it off, ignore, or blatantly go against.

God knows how crappy we can be. We suck. Often. But He knows we can be better.

2 Timothy 2: 25-26 says, "...so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil..."

I need to be constantly slapped on the face to be brought back to my senses. I am better than this. Don't be content with how I was today, press on to be better.

Be better at the little things and the big things. And help others be better as well.

God loves us more than we can fathom. There's nothing you can do to make him stop. Again, we have all fallen short. We are His children. One pastor gave an image to me that makes complete sense about God's love for us...

When you look down at your kids sleeping (if you don't have kids, try to imagine)...what do they have to do for you to love them?

Just breathe.


Yes, it's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment